Saturday at the Ice House

The skyline of San Antonio is known by some glorious buildings: The Tower Life building, Nix hospital, and, of course, The Tower of the Americas.

Saturday, as I sat in the back yard of The Friendly Spot Ice House, I had a unique view of the tower. It made me happy.  Happy, happy, happy.


I was there for a fund raiser for The Lion's Club. It was a beautiful day, as you can see, and there were wonderful people! There were many things about the day that made me happy.




 For instance, it makes me happy to think of myself and present myself as an artist. But, as you can see, my presentation on Saturday left something to be desired. Too plain and, except for the flags (and my vest), too colorless.


 This sweet man in the cookie monster hat had some great ideas for presenting my work. He suggested that I hang some of the matted prints from colored ribbons all around the tent. I should also play music, he said. He said nice things about my photographs, but he didn't think I'd sell much if I didn't change my presentation. I think he's right about bringing color and music and fun to my display. He made me excited for my next show! So thanks, Cookie!

 Jeff Hull is the man who arranged the fundraiser. He is a local artist who is deeply involved in the San Antonio community. He does good things for many people. Jeff is, as my elders used to say, "good people."

Tammy Perez is Jeff's fiance. She, too, is good people. She is involved in many charitable works, not the least of which is the American Diabetes Association.


There was a Yellow Box a few feet from my canopy. If you haven't seen one of these, they're kind of neat--it's a vending machine for bike paraphernalia. But the real reason I'm showing you this box? The little guy who was hiding behind it!


All in all, it was a lovely day.




No comments:

Post a Comment